Forums @ The Playground Forum Index

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums @ The Playground Forum Index -> Oekaki Board Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuklz

PostPosted: Mon 17th Nov 8:35 pm    Post subject: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

<center>
Upcoming Deadlines:
THE DEADLINE: December 20th
Early Deadline is now over! Thanks to all who submitted by then! :3</center>

I hope nobody minds me doing this again... >3>;;
Hello, everyone! Welcome to the Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event of 2008! SSSGE is a Secret Santa event for everyone in the Sailor-Games community, with slightly more PC terms. It's moving toward the holiday season this year, so let's get it kicking! Anyone is free to join. First up are a few guidelines:

Guidelines & Rules
- You cannot drop out once you have been assigned your Secret Snowman. I realize that this time of year is extremely busy for everyone. But last year we didn't get submissions from everyone, and Cargo was actually nice enough to go through the trouble of drawing pictures for those who didn't get one. I'm not quite as generous, so that won't be happening this time. Please think about how busy you'll be this season so that you can plan ahead and manage your time well!
- Be sure to thank your artist for your picture! This really should go without saying. This wasn’t a big deal at all last year, but there were a few artists who went un-thanked for their time and effort.
- You can use whatever program/media you like. Traditional drawings are fine, too, if you prefer paper to digital, just make sure you have access to a scanner or can take a photo of it.
- Try not to post your picture anywhere until after Reveals. This ruins the element of surprise, yeah? If you’re using Oekaki, you can screenshot the picture or save it from the “Write Comment” screen that comes up before you submit it to the boards. After everything is revealed, feel free to post it wherever you like!
- Do the best you can! Your picture doesn’t have to be the next Mona Lisa or anything, but please try to put effort into it. Even if it doesn’t come out exactly how you wanted, as long as you give it your best, I’m sure your Secret Snowman will love it, and it’s always rewarding to give someone something you’ve worked hard at.

How it Works
- Join: Join up by posting in this here thread. The sign-up deadline is November 27th. That’s Thanksgiving, if it makes it easier to remember. Assignments will be sent out on the ~30th (perhaps sooner). You can drop out any time before you receive your assignment, but after that…!
- Deadlines: Because this may somehow relieve a little stress for those joining, there will be three deadlines. I know, “What?!,” right? Deadlines will be explained later.
- Submitting: Once you’ve finished your picture, e-mail me with the picture attached and the subject as “Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event” or something like that. Be sure to include your username and the username of your Secret Snowman in the e-mail. I should respond to your e-mail, so if you’ve sent it but have not received a reply, PM me or post here to verify whether I’ve received it or not.
Nuklz e-mail: coffeexmilk@gmail.com
- Reveals! Err, rather, you have to wait until Reveals, which will probably be from December 25th-30th.
- I’ll be posting updates/reminders somewhat regularly in this thread or on the Oekaki boards to keep y’all on your toes! Annoying, I know. :D

Deadlines wtf: here’s how they go down!
1. Early Deadline: December 12th. If you make this deadline, you’ll not only save yourself a lot of stress, but you’ll also get something! Thaaat’s right; I’ll be doodling out strange little chibi/SD figures of the requests for those who meet this date. Please keep in mind that this does not mean you should crank out some five-minute doodle just for the extra thing; your artist is working hard for you, so you should do the same! And if you don’t meet this deadline, never fear, for…
2. THE DEADLINE: December 20th. This is the real deadline for your pictures. It’s highly recommended you send these before this date, even if you miss the Early Deadline, because that makes it easier for everyone, and you won’t have to worry about sending it after that. Make this deadline. If you cannot make this date, send your picture ASAP once it is completed.
3. Weak Deadline: December 22nd. This is a safety net. You really should try not to use this deadline unless your power kills itself on the 20th and you don’t get it back until the next day or something.

How to Join
Aaand, if you’re still interested in joining, here’s how!
- Please post in this thread (regardless of whether you have a forum account or not) with your username, your e-mail address (preferably one you’ll check often), and one or two things you’d like to have drawn for you!
- Try not to make your request too specific or too vague (it’s hard to decide on what to do if you can do anything!). It’s all right to ask for something like, “Please draw me a picture of Kurogane from Tsubasa drinking a cup of tea,” but something like “Please draw me Naruto playing basketball while dribbling the ball on Sasuke’s head and riding a unicycle with a headlight shaped like Kakashi’s head” is just outright silly.
- If your request is an OC or a lesser-known character, please provide references! Actually, references for well-known characters are great, also. Feel free to post costume references if you’d like. References are great things. :D
- Once you’ve joined up, I’ll add your name to the list! You can drop out any time before you receive your Secret Snowman assignment.

And that’s it! Again, once you’re finished with your picture, send it to me via e-mail with the picture attached and a subject like “Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event.” Include your username and your Secret Snowman’s username in the e-mail, please. :D
Nuklz’s e-mail: coffeexmilk@gmail.com

Everyone is welcome to join, so have at it and spread some community spirit! :D If you have any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me, or post in this thread. ...I will now stop abusing bold/underline/italics.

THE LIST: Current participants in SSSGE!
Kooriki
Cargo
jakerockwell
kiyo
Jseng
DeepBlue52
silver
chibimars
Blitz
Neriko
BBFC
chibilove13
Moonie
Littlebull
Ashleigh
Dakki
Kooriki

PostPosted: Mon 17th Nov 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

Ahaha. Another art exchange up so soon?
Well, at least we're on the ball this time around.

I'll post a real sign-up thing later~
I want to actually compile references this time.
<3
Celes

PostPosted: Mon 17th Nov 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

Username: Celes
E-mail: atra-lumen@hotmail.com
Request: A character from my comic, Street Devil.

Can't guarantee whether or not I'll stay in it; my motivation isn't too good.
Cargo

PostPosted: Tue 18th Nov 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

I feel so bad for not helping you organize this year! I hope everything runs smoothly for you :'D

And count me in! I'll get back with a request later.
Nuklz

PostPosted: Tue 18th Nov 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

Woohoo yay people!
I was a little worried about posting so soon after Celes's Secret Pumpkin, but it seemed like it was kinda sudden/rushed last year... >3>;; Hope nobody minds.

Don't worry about it, Celes. :D It's always terrible around this time of year. Just let me know if you feel like dropping.
jakerockwell

PostPosted: Tue 18th Nov 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

Username: jakerockwell
E-mail: jakerockwell@hotmail.com
Request: Kirby, the pink puffball from the Nintendo games (references).

kiyo

PostPosted: Tue 18th Nov 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

OM NOM NOM

Username: kiyo
E-mail: kiyohades@gmail.com
Request: Any of the characters from here <3

Jseng

PostPosted: Tue 18th Nov 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

D< I definitely won't miss it this time!

e-mail: jseng1345@yahoo.com

Dear Secret Santa,

Things I want.. *o*[Anything from this list!!]:

1. Mukuro from KHR [Katekyo Hitman Reborn!]

2. ANY Shounen ai...D: Junjou Romantica [Nowaki + Hiro], Loveless [Yoji +Natsuo], MukuroxHibari,etc..

Ref. for Nowaki + Hiro:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Junjou_Romantica/photos/13536718
[Hiro is on top, Nowaki is on bottom]
http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Junjou_Romantica/photos/13714593
[Nowaki is on right, Hiro on left]

DeepBlue52

PostPosted: Tue 18th Nov 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

I want to join, please!

My e-mail is SuperHumanDude41@aol.com

My request is...HMMMM

Link from The Legend of Zelda, whichever version of him you prefer. Smile
silver

PostPosted: Wed 19th Nov 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

I love these things Very Happy! Thanks for organizing it Nuklz!

Username: Silver
Email: dracaedellenger@yahoo.com
Request: Gintama http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r280/orangeline03/gintama.png
chibimars

PostPosted: Wed 19th Nov 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

Hi I want to join!
Some pics of angelboy from my comic please
chibimars.deviantart.com
My second choice is a bouquet of flowers
Email: chibi@ufl.edu

Hope that's ok Let me know if i did it wrong!!! Smile

Nuklz

PostPosted: Thu 20th Nov 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

:D List updated~

CM, if you could provide an e-mail you check regularly also, that'd be great. Otherwise you're fine. 8D
Blitz

PostPosted: Thu 20th Nov 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

I want to join~
Username: Blitz
Email: akimes@earthlink.net
Requests: A picture of me: DeviantArt (there are a few pictures of me on there) OR My Gaia Profile. ORRR, if you have a myspace
Or, my Gaia avatar:

Neriko

PostPosted: Thu 20th Nov 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

This looks fun ~ !! It gives me something to do over the holidays other than homework Nod

Username: Neriko
Email: blueberrycloud@hotmail.com
Request:

Other Refs:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x256/Fiorei/Oekaki/61b.png
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x256/Fiorei/Oekaki/Exteria.gif
Nuklz

PostPosted: Thu 20th Nov 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Secret Snowman Sai-Ga Event 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! :D [Just make sure you do your homework too, Neriko XD; ]

Also, a reminder to Kooriki and Cargo [again with the boldspam] to post up requests! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums @ The Playground Forum Index -> Oekaki Board Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: