Forums @ The Playground Forum Index

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
What's with the theme board?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums @ The Playground Forum Index -> Oekaki Board Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lore

PostPosted: Wed 27th Feb 3:31 pm    Post subject: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

Once again, I feel bad about complaining on the forums again.. :/ But what's with the theme board? It seems like more than half of the entries are left undone. @_@ Normally leaving NDs laying around is bad enough, but when it's for a contest, it just sorta seems worse. It sorta kills any urge to compete, too. < <; It's like.. Why make an entry to compete against a slew of NDs? It doesn't seem like a fair contest, and I mean for the ND people since their effort is wasted and someone else wins since they finished first.

Is there anything we can do about this?
Kooriki

PostPosted: Wed 27th Feb 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

Forcing motivation on people is not something we're feasibly able to accomplish, no.

The contest board had long been the forgotten board filled with half-finished ideas and sparse entries.

When it was revamped into the Theme board there was the brief influx of participation, and then it slowly receded back into what it once was.

Somewhat depressing that there isn't much activity on there again, but what can we really do about it?
That board is all about the willingness of the audience to participate.
You can't make people draw on there, nor can you make them finish what they've given up on.
Lore

PostPosted: Wed 27th Feb 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

xD I guess that's true. Has anyone considered turning it into something else for the time being if it's not being used?
Celes

PostPosted: Wed 27th Feb 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

That's Chibimars's decision.
Kooriki

PostPosted: Wed 27th Feb 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

It's kind of.. already been tried.

Not with that board, but there have been a variety of different boards on this site.
They all ended up with failing participation, and have subsequently been vanquished.
Lore

PostPosted: Wed 27th Feb 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

D8 Well, jeez. That's kind of a bummer. It's like that one extra board is cursed.

It's going to be a ghost board FOREVAR!
Nuklz

PostPosted: Thu 28th Feb 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

It kind of also makes me wonder why there's very little activity on Gen Right, too... 8D; Sometimes most of the boards are so slow that I wonder if people actually know that there are more boards than just Gen Left. But I guess they must because they're all on the front page and all...

We used to have other boards too, like the Advanced Board [between Gen and Vets... obviously 8D;] and the Critique/Upload board... those extra ones sure don't get any love, do they. D: Maybe if we all banded together and, using the power of love and friendship, spammed the boards, everyone would start thinking all the cool kids hang there and come to join us too (??). 8D It might work in theory...

...although I guess I've never posted on the theme board, either. D: *fail*
chibimars

PostPosted: Fri 29th Feb 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

Lore wrote:
It's like.. Why make an entry to compete against a slew of NDs?

You're looking at it the wrong way, Lore-sensei. The more ND's there are, the more chance you have to win! The people who leave an ND on the Theme Board know what the risk is.... Also, I think part of the problem is that the Themes are generic, and we have the most participation when the Theme is more visual.

Quote:
That's Chibimars's decision.

Not really... When all things are equal, I can be pretty indecisive and easy to convince. <A HREF="http://www.sailor-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4734&start=0">Remember</A>? Smile Lore, if you have any suggestions, please throw it out here since we've tried lots of things Smile

Quote:
Maybe if we all banded together and, using the power of love and friendship, spammed the boards, everyone would start thinking all the cool kids hang there and come to join us too (??). 8D It might work in theory...

Yes! Yes! We will be saved by spam. I will do this as soon as I get my act together, and also if I remember to do it. How about two weeks to post on every board at least once? (for a prize)

P.S. Paintchat is back up y'all.

Patches

PostPosted: Mon 3rd Mar 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

I liked the Advance board when more peeps participated in Vets. But now vets is pretty much the advanced.

And your right, the extra board is cursed.

Lore, your username is my real last name! Razz

::goes back to lurking::

Ashleigh

PostPosted: Tue 4th Mar 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What's with the theme board? Reply with quote

I miss the advance board...it was my "oekaki home" since I don't like posting on general and I was never really good enough for the vets.
Oh well.
I wish I had time to participate in theme contests. I wanted to do that angels and demons theme SO badly, but...senior year's stealing most of my art time. It's exceedingly frustrating. ._.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums @ The Playground Forum Index -> Oekaki Board Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: