Forums @ The Playground Forum Index

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
General Oekaki Ettiquette
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums @ The Playground Forum Index -> Oekaki Board Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patches

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 7:51 pm    Post subject: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

I've notices an increasing number of kinda rude people on the boards lately. I think it may be due to the number of people being introduced to oekaki and are not quote sure of "oekaki ettiquette". Heres the general lowdown on what and what not to do on an oekaki board. This may be a refresher course for some of you ^.-

-Don't say anything rude to the other artists. If you have something potentially offensive to say or you want to say something really mean, either keep it to yourself, or send it via e-mail. Keep the bad vibes OFF the boards. Most of us do not care about your stupid quibbling.

-Don't flood the board. If you've just drawn, wait until someone else draws before you draw again. Also keeo track of how many of your pictures are on the first page of the board.

-Don't abandon unfinished artwork.

-Don't type in netspeak or 1337. In other words, please do your best to type in correct English. If English isn't your first language or you're not a very good speller, we understand, but please try.

-Don't talk back to the mods or complain about the rules. Most of these rules are in place to keep the drawing environment comfortable. Keep in mind that when you say something about the admins, they will see it, and it will make them form an opinion about you.

-Don't whine about your art, or not having a tablet. There are other things we don't want you to whine about either, but these are the two major ones. We give some slack to people who are drawing to vent their emotions, but when it comes to complaining about your own art or your lack of a tablet we percieve that as a cry for attention.

phrases that fit into the "your annoying" catagory
"This is crappy"(and other variants)
"I draw better on paper"
"I would do better if I had a tablet"
"lots of comments please!" (and other variants)

-Do not give critiques on the lower boards of the artist did not ask for one.

-"home movies" or animation oekakis are great...but not if thats all you do. Most of us won't look at them anyway.

-Comment more than you post. If you dont do this, you probably won't get many comments.

-DONT TYPE IN ALL CAPS o r w i t h b i g s p a c e s b e t w e e n y o u r w o r d s....its considered very rude

-If you have a problem please LET THE MODS KNOW!! Don't go behind their backs and bitch about it to your friends and fellow oekakiers. Then it wil lnever get fixed!

If anyone has anything to add to this please do so! I think it may be very helpful to oekakiers both new and old.

^^

Barunesusa

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

All hail Patches-sama and her great post! *bows*
Littlebull

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

I agree with you 100 %. ^^ i should probaly tell you about one person..>< but all is good! :3 nicely done Patches. -clap clap XD-
Ty-Kun

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

I feel like I must apologize for flooding the boards now ^^ I have like 3 piccies on page one so Me ish sorry for that ^^; I shant do it again
Kaggie-Chan

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

=3 Thank you Patches! XD but not everyone looks at the forums -_-;;; no offense or anything ^^;
Patches

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

well they should XP

^^

Kaggie-Chan

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

XP I know they should... some people probably dunno that the forums exist XDD; I know I didn't until about a month after I came to SG

^^;

Patches

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

hmm thats true ^^

gomen

Kaggie-Chan

PostPosted: Fri 6th Aug 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

XD it's ok

Lookit us! >D We're spamming!! (Kaggie hyper... O.o;; )

PostPosted: Sat 7th Aug 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

Patches wrote:
I've notices an increasing number of kinda rude people on the boards lately. I think it may be due to the number of people being introduced to oekaki and are not quote sure of "oekaki ettiquette". Heres the general lowdown on what and what not to do on an oekaki board. This may be a refresher course for some of you ^.-

-Don't say anything rude to the other artists. If you have something potentially offensive to say or you want to say something really mean, either keep it to yourself, or send it via e-mail. Keep the bad vibes OFF the boards. Most of us do not care about your stupid quibbling.

-Don't flood the board. If you've just drawn, wait until someone else draws before you draw again. Also keeo track of how many of your pictures are on the first page of the board.

-Don't abandon unfinished artwork.

-Don't type in netspeak or 1337. In other words, please do your best to type in correct English. If English isn't your first language or you're not a very good speller, we understand, but please try.

-Don't talk back to the mods or complain about the rules. Most of these rules are in place to keep the drawing environment comfortable. Keep in mind that when you say something about the admins, they will see it, and it will make them form an opinion about you.

-Don't whine about your art, or not having a tablet. There are other things we don't want you to whine about either, but these are the two major ones. We give some slack to people who are drawing to vent their emotions, but when it comes to complaining about your own art or your lack of a tablet we percieve that as a cry for attention.

phrases that fit into the "your annoying" catagory
"This is crappy"(and other variants)
"I draw better on paper"
"I would do better if I had a tablet"
"lots of comments please!" (and other variants)

-Do not give critiques on the lower boards of the artist did not ask for one.

-"home movies" or animation oekakis are great...but not if thats all you do. Most of us won't look at them anyway.

-Comment more than you post. If you dont do this, you probably won't get many comments.

-DONT TYPE IN ALL CAPS o r w i t h b i g s p a c e s b e t w e e n y o u r w o r d s....its considered very rude

-If you have a problem please LET THE MODS KNOW!! Don't go behind their backs and bitch about it to your friends and fellow oekakiers. Then it wil lnever get fixed!

If anyone has anything to add to this please do so! I think it may be very helpful to oekakiers both new and old.

^^

*twitch* yes..please..stop the slangness!!*screams* It's fun to TYPE IN CAPS but it's annoying to read^_____^. And I think I do draw better on paper..I forgot..Im out of paper to draw on..;_; ^_^
Cere Cere

PostPosted: Sun 8th Aug 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

Maybe you could have CM-San stick this on the 'home' page of the oekaki, a link to it I mean, or something like that so people will read it. @.@; I think it's important! Thanks for getting this posted. ^,^ Another oekaki I go to, when you click a board, the rules pop up first and after you've read through them it tells you to click a certain spot and it forwards you to the board itself. We need one of those. :3

*Should have said something like this before the update* *cough*

PostPosted: Sun 8th Aug 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

Sticky this? ^^
Nuklz

PostPosted: Sun 8th Aug 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

*Bows down to Patches* Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are awesome, Patches-dono! *Hails*
SailorLove90

PostPosted: Mon 9th Aug 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

Nuklz wrote:
*Bows down to Patches* Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are awesome, Patches-dono! *Hails*

What does dono mean??*screams* IM CONFUSED!!!*has a nervous breakdown*
Yuki

PostPosted: Fri 20th Aug 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: General Oekaki Ettiquette Reply with quote

that about covers it. heehee *gives patches-san a donut* Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums @ The Playground Forum Index -> Oekaki Board Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: