Forums @ The Playground Forum Index

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
ND, ND, Unfinished, Finish Later, ND again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums @ The Playground Forum Index -> Oekaki Board Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lore

PostPosted: Thu 24th Jan 4:57 pm    Post subject: ND, ND, Unfinished, Finish Later, ND again Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying the art here so far.. o_o But I've noticed on a lot of the boards that there's a TON of ND pictures that never get done, or pictures where people simply say ' not gonna finish, please delete' when they could easily do it themselves.

Shouldn't there be some sort of rule against leaving NDs up for too long or not finishing multiple pictures while refusing to delete them when you know the password?

Otherwise, I really have no complaints about Sai-Ga. *thumbs up* Everyone seems to be commenting on each other's art a lot more frequently, so keep it up!
hudster

PostPosted: Thu 24th Jan 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ND, ND, Unfinished, Finish Later, ND again Reply with quote

Technically there is a time limit (like ~2 days I think? Don't quote me on that...), people are just pretty lenient!
Just to prove to one or both of them
A CAT IS JUST A CAT
Kooriki

PostPosted: Thu 24th Jan 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ND, ND, Unfinished, Finish Later, ND again Reply with quote

I'll admit it; I'm a lazy mod.
I only tend to delete under-time works and unfinished slots on color-in (and that's only when I remember to check it thoroughly).

I just assume that people will actually finish the pieces,
and since saiga moves slow enough these days, I let all the ND slots slide a lot more than I used to when the site was busier.

I do wish that people would actually delete their own slots,
it's not that hard and really only excusable if you never set a password
(I mean really, deleting your own slots is in the rules)

I guess I'll just start trying to pay better attention if it seems to be a problem.
ByakuSephy

PostPosted: Fri 25th Jan 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ND, ND, Unfinished, Finish Later, ND again Reply with quote

I totally agree...it gets on my nerves when other people's art is pushed down because of a bunch of people who never finish their art...but,I'm sure it'll get better^^ I have to admit,I have been not continueing my pictures,and leaving them,but eventually I try to delete them. ^^;
chibimars

PostPosted: Sat 26th Jan 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ND, ND, Unfinished, Finish Later, ND again Reply with quote

Hi Lore, thanks for posting here. Don't be afraid to speak out, because, in the early days, it was posts like yours that helped us to achieve the nice balance we have now Smile.

The rules on ND pics aren't hard and strict-- The cutoff point is 24 hours, however when the boards aren't seeing much traffic we will let more slide. On the other hand, if there are lots of really nice pics getting pushed down then sometimes I go on the maniacal deleting spree. It's all just a sort of balance.

Don't balme yourself Kooriki-- I've been sitting out things as well, and now there's a mess everywhere, LOL. I don't think you're lazy at all.

I'll do the deleting spree right now, Lore. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you Very Happy (and yes I know uploading the icons is still broken or something.. I'm getting there -_-;; )

Lore

PostPosted: Sat 26th Jan 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ND, ND, Unfinished, Finish Later, ND again Reply with quote

:'3 I'm surprised how active and responsive you are, Chibi Mars! I've seen a lot of oekakis who's owners just.. don't pay attention to them. Like, at all. Even if you and your mods say you're being lazy/slow, that's really not the case. I was just sorta prodding you guys about it to make sure of it, and I guess I found my answer. c: Staff here = definitely not lazy.

8D And I didn't even notice the icon upload was down.. *hasn't tried it yet*
chibimars

PostPosted: Sat 26th Jan 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ND, ND, Unfinished, Finish Later, ND again Reply with quote

Note: The icon uploading is working again. Yay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums @ The Playground Forum Index -> Oekaki Board Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: